winenstuff

Question About Rooster Sauce

Rate this topic

Was wondering if anyone had information on this? Everything I've read on it says that it is gluten free, but after eating it I had the same bad reactions that I get when eating something with gluten in it. Has anyone had a similar problem or know what the cause might be? Thanks. :)

I'm sorry--I've never heard of rooster sauce. Are you referring to Worcestershire Sauce (since it's pronounced wooster-sher)? If you could describe the sauce further, I'm sure that more people with jump in with responses.

As with all products, though, you should check directly with the company to make sure that it is indeed gluten free.

By the way, welcome to the Forum!

• Upvote 1

The stuff that's orangey- red? Chili, vinegar, garlic, etc? Probably gluten-free but maybe it's too hot for your tummy right now?

Sure, i'll clarify the actual name is Sriracha sauce. Actually I found a thread on it already.

What did you put it on/in and how was the food prepared?

I just had it by itself, to dip in plain chicken that had just salt and pepper and nothing else on it. But I ended up with a bad reaction from it.

Well then, as long as you are sure the chicken was safely cooked it was probably the sauce. I would not rule out that you may just be sensitive to something else in the sauce.

No problem with it and it's gluten-free.

richard