Rate this topic

my 12 year old daughter has been gluten free for almost 4 years.

starting last monday night, she has been having serious abdominal pain.

at first we thought she had pulled a muscle in jazz class that afternoon, so we tried ibuprofin, hot showers, heating pad. tuesday she went to school but was in pain. wednesday she was unable to go to school, i took her to a local fast pace clinic. they ran a urinalisis, bloodwork, and an xray. by thursday still no relief, i took her to her pediatrician, who ordered an ultrasound and told her to get on a low fat diet on top of her gluten free diet. friday was no school, that night she tried to go to a bday party for a classmate, made it 30 minutes and i had to go get her. saturday she and 2 friends went to eat with her bio father, she laid down in the vehicle most of the ride (45 min each way) and left the table a few times during the meal. sunday she made it though church and lunch but then had to lay down most of the afternoon. monday was also unable to go to school. today, tuesday, was finally the day for the ultrasound. it was completed by 9 am. it is 3:15pm right now. i have called the doc office at 1130 and the nurse said she would call the hospital to try to get results. i have not heard back so i called back at 3. if no one has called me by 4, i am going to the office to get them to get me some results, now. we made her go to school today after the ultrasound, took her in around 11am. let her wear a therma-care heat wrap to try to help with the pain. she made it till around 2pm and came home in tears. is now back in the bed.

the pain is constant, yet gets worse whenever she eats or drinks anything. this tells me its not an accidental glutening (as of course everyone wants to assume first, myself included) because the pain worsens after eating just an apple or just a drink of tea or sprite.

forgot to say, the bloodwork, urine test, and xray all came black clear.

Oh man! Poor girl!! Has she been constipated at all or is it the opposite? I'm sure they checked her appendix. I hope they figure it out soon!