Kelleybean

Leftover Almond Meal Recipes

Rate this topic

Hi -

Lately we've been making our own almond milk. I've been using the leftover almond meal to make chocolate chip cookies which my 3 y.o. son adores, but I'd like to change it up a bit. Anyone have any good casein free recipes? I looked online but so many of them seemed really complicated!

Can you have eggs? I love making this bread (I actually just made it this morning!). It has a nutty/flax taste and is delicious when toasted with almond butter :)

http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-bread-20/

Can you have eggs? I love making this bread (I actually just made it this morning!). It has a nutty/flax taste and is delicious when toasted with almond butter :)

http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-bread-20/

Can you sub tapioca for the arrowroot? Or potato starch?

Can you sub tapioca for the arrowroot? Or potato starch?

I would feel comfortable doing that (I don't have arrowroot either). Or possibly a combo of tapioca starch and potato starch or even cornstarch. I need to make this bread as it sounds so good.

Stupid question ... can I sub the almond meal leftover from making almond milk in equal amounts for almond meal flour? Is it kind of the same thing? I have several muffin recipes that I make regularly calling for almond meal flour and it would be so nice to be able to substitute.

I would feel comfortable doing that (I don't have arrowroot either). Or possibly a combo of tapioca starch and potato starch or even cornstarch. I need to make this bread as it sounds so good.

I used to have arrowroot many years ago and used it for Lentil Casserole and didn't like the taste of it.

I'll eventually try this recipe, I'm sure. Today I'm trying another new to me recipe for rolls. Will report on the results later in the weekend :)

OK I experimented and this worked pretty well. I let the almond meal sit in the fridge for a day or 2 uncovered so it would dry out a bit. Then I cooked one of my muffin recipes that was really heavy on the almond meal flour (2 cups) and subbed my almond milk leftovers for a little over half the regular almond meal flour. It came out really well! I think next time I will do a recipe that doesn't call for so much almond meal flour but skip the store brought stuff completely.