Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LisaP

Seasonal Allergies Better After Gf

I am allergic to just about anything that grows outside and have taken Allegra as well as Nasonex for years. Once on a gluten-free diet for the past few months, I have noticed that my allergies are significantly less....almost nonexistant. So while my friends and husband are suffering greatly, I am fine.

Anyone else had this happen once going gluten-free?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Yep, it's made a difference for me as well. I mean, if you've got something causing your immune system to act up, you may well end up getting more histamine in your system (as it's part of the inflammatory response as well).

Since I went totally gluten-free, I have had a reduction of 80% in my need for decongestants. My nose does not run as much, and I do not itch all over. I am hoping that this relief continues when the flowers start to bloom! :D

I'm allergic to molds and dust...I'm on allegra, nasonex and atrovent..unfortunately, I've had no improvement since going gluten-free. (my other medical problems have greatly improved though)

I keep hoping that the allergies will get better too...

I just went to the doctor last week because of nausea, and he said I have post-nasal drip which may or may not be an allergic reaction to something (I'll see the allergist in a few weeks). This just happened a few months ago, after being gluten-free for several months. I've never had problems with allergies, although they do run in my family. I'm hoping that the post-nasal drip is causing the stomach problems because I don't know what else would! According to the doc, swallowing that stuff can make you sick. Does that sound right to anyone else?

I really wish I could say that my allergies went away after being gluten-free. I take zyrtec daily. If I miss a couple of days I am stuck sneezing and miserable. Thank goodness for Zyrtec lol !!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Does zyrtec have gluten in it? Whenever I take it, I get sick the same way I do when I accidently contaminate myself. I did not find it on the gluten-free list of medications. How do I find out?

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I’m at kind of a loss here. My 6 year olds tTg IgA was >250 but his GI says his biopsy was negative. Has any had this happen? We made sure he was eating gluten up until the procedure. The Doctor says a gluten free diet may still be beneficial. ...
    Hi JesLin! How was your trip? did you do well with the gluten free issue? I'm thinking in a trip to Nepal and Tibet also and I'm a little worry about the Tibet part. Could you please give me some advices? Thanks! Lorena ...
    My daughter has Celiac disease and has been using a Nina sensor for the past two and a half years. I am a huge supporter of the sensor and feel like it has made a big difference in my daughter’s quality of life, and has certainly saved her f...