JulieBob

I Slipped, And Now I Ache!

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm pretty new to the gluten-free world. I quit eating bread and pasta (& etc.) early April, and yesterday I caved: I ate several slices of yummy bread.

Well, today I'm having severe bone and joint pain (back, arms, legs). Could it be a reaction? I am still as constipated as ever, but a bit more bloated and gassy.

I cheated because I felt like my life without gluten was not much different than on it: I'm still extremely tired most of the time, I can barely function.

How long does it take for the gluten to be completely out of one's system?

Hi, I'm pretty new to the gluten-free world. I quit eating bread and pasta (& etc.) early April, and yesterday I caved: I ate several slices of yummy bread.

Well, today I'm having severe bone and joint pain (back, arms, legs). Could it be a reaction? I am still as constipated as ever, but a bit more bloated and gassy.

I cheated because I felt like my life without gluten was not much different than on it: I'm still extremely tired most of the time, I can barely function.

How long does it take for the gluten to be completely out of one's system?

Each person is different. It sounds like your reaction is not good. have you had a blood test to see if you are celiac or gluten sensitive?

I'm still waiting for my results. I don't even know if the test that was requested is very reliable...

Yes, it is possible that your joint pain and aches are related to the gluten consumption. You will often have more extreme symptoms after being gluten free for a while. If you went gluten free only this month you have not given it a long enough trial to tell whether or not you will feel better off gluten, but I think you have maybe found that you will feel worse with it ;)

• Upvote 1

Your tiredness might be because you have either iron anemia or pernicious anemia (low B12), or you might even have a thyroid condition in addition to possible celiac. It sounds as though you need some testing to get some answers. I also get achy bones and joints when I'm accidentally "glutened." So, celiac is definitely a possibility for you.

I was diagnosed Coeliac 1 year ago. It. can take a long time for some symptoms to disappear. My fatigue and abdominal pain are still hanging around. Get your blood tested for iron, zinc, vit d, calcium, b12 and more. Your symptoms certainly sound like gluten poisoning.

Good luck, kim

Sounds like you are having a gluten reaction for sure! I agree with the previous posts regarding fatigue. There is a good chance of vitamin deficiencies. I would stay very strict with the gluten free diet from now on! You should see improvements soon! :)

BTW, Love the cat picture!