jasonD2

Still Having Chronic Upper Gi Distress

Rate this topic

not sure what is going on but i have some kind of functional condition where working out, lifting and doing certain types of exercise and even sneezing cause spasms in my esophagus and stomach and make me feel very uncomfortable after eating...even when i dont eat the activity will cause burping. I dont have GERD or acid reflux and had an endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, colonoscopy and everything was negative. im so healthy now and my diet is excellent but i just cant figure out what is causing this upper gI problem. its somewhat debilitating since I cant work out and lift weights or play certain sports..i had to quit everything. i lost weight and spend most of my days sitting. i still go for walks but its not enough...i want to do more intensive workouts and build myself up again but i cant. would very much appreciate any suggestions

not sure what is going on but i have some kind of functional condition where working out, lifting and doing certain types of exercise and even sneezing cause spasms in my esophagus and stomach and make me feel very uncomfortable after eating...even when i dont eat the activity will cause burping. I dont have GERD or acid reflux and had an endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, colonoscopy and everything was negative. im so healthy now and my diet is excellent but i just cant figure out what is causing this upper gI problem. its somewhat debilitating since I cant work out and lift weights or play certain sports..i had to quit everything. i lost weight and spend most of my days sitting. i still go for walks but its not enough...i want to do more intensive workouts and build myself up again but i cant. would very much appreciate any suggestions

I am sure the endoscopy showed whether you had a hiatal hernia. if your hernia has gotten worse they might have to tighten it up ? I know that abdominal exercises really bother me both upper and lower gi

dont have a hiatal hernia

You might want to ask your doctor for a referral to a physical therapist. They can be very helpful in showing you how to build your body back up and may be able to pinpoint what is causing the issues.