This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Reaction!

K8ling

K8ling Enthusiast

First reaction since being pregnant... in addition to all the familiar symptoms, I also have a baby kicking me and a toddler running wild (husband is deployed).

I'm not sure what I ate, here's what I have had today

Natures Path berry buckwheat waffles*

Glutino cornflakes

Motts fruit snacks (say gluten-free on box)

pepperoni pizza made with Scharr crust, sargento cheese, prego marinara, hormel pepperoni

salad (bibb lettuce, broccoli, radishes, carrots) with wishbone dressing (says gluten-free on bottle)*

Bakery on Main PB chocolate granola bar*

iced tea

water

Clif fruit rope (one bite, IS gluten-free)

Tinkinyada pasta with fresh grated romano, parmesan and sea salt

sauteed summer squash/zucchini/carrots/onions with Italian parsley in a white wine reduction (made it myself)

* is new things I tried today for the first time

Any ideas? Is it possible I got CC'd from my toddlers cookie at the grocery store?

This sucks so bad!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

srall Contributor

I can't say what you might be reacting to, but I'd call the doc. If for no other reason than your peace of mind. I think babies are pretty tough and you get the brunt of the bad stuff so baby is protected. Don't worry too much.

txplowgirl Enthusiast

Hi K8ling, sorry to say I have reacted to the waffles and granola bar and it could also be a reaction to the little ones cookie. You may have gotten a triple whammy. I hope you get to feeling better.

K8ling Enthusiast

Thanks guys, I thought I was just crampy or the baby was growing but it became pretty apparent that I wasn't. I thought it was weird that I had eaten the granola before with no reaction but the bar may have gotten me! Waffles got me last time I tried them too (Vans), I may be giving those to the kid from now on lol.

I suspect I got the worst out of the way.. I am now just crampy and tired. I will check with the doctor Monday. The good news is now I know what is wrong with me...if this had happened before I was dx'd I would be in L&D all night! I managed to eat some toast and a banana (and a few dr pepper jelly bellys...cravings never stop LOL).

Thank you for helping with my worry! I just want to make sure the baby is ok (and judging by the bopping around in there she's happy as a clam!)

tarnalberry Community Regular

The Bakery on Main granola probably has oats, even if gluten-free. Have you determined if you react to gluten-free oats?

K8ling Enthusiast

I've been fine with them previously, I craved Udi's granola the first few months I was pregnant. I wonder if I'm more sensitive now?

Today was just an... off day. On the up side I finally got all my... ahem... stuff... cleaned out after dealing with pregnancy related C!!! (Leave it to my husband to text me silver linings while I'm on the bathroom floor LOL)

bakeryonmain Newbie

Hi K8ling - we are so sorry you got sick, especially while pregnant, how scary! Just wanted to clarify that the peanut butter chocolate granola bars you had are oat-free and are certified gluten free by GFCO.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

K8ling Enthusiast

Ok well that saves me a trip to the pantry to check LOL Thanks for letting me know! My son had a regular cookie that day, I am wondering if he took a drink of my water bottle without me knowing (as 2.5 year olds are apt to do LOL)

Roda Rising Star

Why not put your toddler gluten free for your safety while at home? I have a bag of Bakery On Main nutty cranberry maple granola and there are no oats in it. I don't believe any of their products have oats or I wouldn't eat them since I react.

K8ling Enthusiast

I don't have a reaction to oats, I actually eat Udi's granola all the time.

Collin is on a gluten-free diet, he got a cookie at the grocery store because it keeps him quiet while I get my stuff done. I am thinking maybe he snuck a drink of my water or I just forgot to wash his hands when he got home.

Also, this was interesting, I had another salad with dinner tonight, and saw the ranch in the fridge and instantly had an aversion to it- I even threw it out! It said gluten-free on the bottle but my body was clearly not interested in it.

Makes me wonder if Wishbone isn't as gluten-free as it thinks it is?

Archived