Newtoitall

I Can't Figure This Out, Need Some Input

Rate this topic

this may not even by the issue, it could be CC, but nothing has changed and I've been doing really well, keeping the food journal, I know I should eat safe, try 1 thing, wait a few days, but that's so hard >_>

anywho, Marshmallow Strawberries from gangong have a big ole "Gluten Free" sticker on the front, I had D from a marshmallow treat that claimed gluten-free a few days ago, I assumed it was because it was from china and they don't follow the same standards or something.

so I will list the ingrediants and I am basically hoping someone can tell me the likely culpret,

Sugar, Glucose (Corn Syrup), Gelatin, Corn Starch, Natural and Artificial Flavour, colours added Red 3, Yellow 6, Red 40 lake.

the ingredients in the other marshmallow treat:

Corn Syrup, Sugar, Sorbitol, dextrose, gelatin, modified corn starch, artificial flavour, artificial colours (tartazine, allura red AC, brilliant blue FCF).

So, do you think it's something about the marshmallow that currently doesn't agree with me? or perhaps something else?

Could it be the sorbitol? It's gluten-free, but can act as a laxative in large quantities. In some people "large" isn't--even a small amount can cause D.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Peter it could very well be the Sorbitol.

The other thing I would question is the corn syrup, do you have trouble with other candys that contain corn syrup?

Yep, sorbitol does the same to me too. Sorry Newtoitall, I hope you get to feeling better.

Evil evil sorbital!!

I agree with Peter it could very well be the Sorbitol.

The other thing I would question is the corn syrup, do you have trouble with other candys that contain corn syrup?

well see now I'm not sure, I THOUGHT I was ok with alot of thing's except the marshmallow stuff, the one other thing I did notice though was this blue gatorade I think gave me D, but nothing really in that =/

all I know is I seem to be ok with cadbury cream/caramilk eggs, they are still a bit heavy to digest but they don't mess me up

Ooh! Sorbitol. It's a laxative.