Strawberry_Jam

What Bloats You Up?

Rate this topic

I've had some pretty uncomfortable gas off and on since going gluten-free. Thought I'd approach this semi-scientifically. It's like a survey. I was okay for a while but then started bloating up again. It's possible I got glutened at a friends house when fed rice cooked in a cast-iron pan stirred with a wooden spoon (CC)?? It can also be leftover from when I tried to reintroduce dairy into my diet w/ lactaid (didn't work... I went way too far overboard with it).

Post a list of what bloats you up, first, then a list of what you take to help it. I'll start.

Offenders:

- gluten

- soy (soy oil esp.)

- lactose

*Possible* offenders:

- carageenan

- bob's red mill flour/gluten-free oats

- certain brand of potato/veggie chips (no bad ingredients, maybe CC? straight potatoes don't seem to bother me)

What I take for it:

- fennel tea (helps the most)

- ginger tea

- digestive enzymes (helps to prevent)

- probiotics

- used to take Gas-X but don't like the aftertaste

and how long does it take to go away after you get it? do different offenders make it last longer?

Xanthan Gum. It's in almost all gluten-free baked goods. It gives me terrible indigestion / bloating. I have no tolerance for the slimy stuff.

oh God the list is too extensive... but lemme just tell u that i must have overdone the fructans tonight :(

i picked up Chipotle tonight- and if i just eat half, and put the rest in fridge for later- im fine- but i ate almost my whole bowl tonight- and no- i MUST remember that i cannot eat that amount of lettuce & onions & peppers in one sitting :(

ughhhhhhhhhh bloated and swollen & painful gas right now :(

ive also become more intolerant since going gluten free- and developed new allergies. i used to be able to eat an endless amount of eggs- now i cant eat more than one egg in one sitting. i also cant eat more than 1 bite of raw carrots anymore.

i took some gas x tonight- but it didnt help this time