ECUmom3

Shrimp Cocktail?

Rate this topic

I know this my be a dumb question, but I don't want to take any chances. My son is getting married this weekend. I've asked him to ask the caterer if any of the food is gluten free, but of course, he hasn't asked. They will have shrimp cocktail. I know the sauce may be questionable, but how about the shrimp? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be, but thought I'd better ask those who've been at this Gluten free diet longer. Thanks.

I always eat shrimp cocktail- that is one of my safe foods at parties!

there is absolutely no good reason why shrimp cocktail should have any gluten!!! That being said- when i went to the ALE HOUSE and ordered steamed oysters off their gluten free menu- they said i could NOT have the cocktail sauce because it had gluten. Well that is just ridiculous! Cocktail sauce does not need gluten.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think the shrimp would be a problem, but gluten can be found in odd places. I'll just prepare my own cocktail sauce and take it with me.

Could you get the number and call them yourself? That may help you have more or know the ingredients.