sreese68

All Purpose Flour Work For Sauces? Dredging?

Rate this topic

I just bought some King Arthur all purpose flour, but I haven't used it yet. Will it work for pan sauces? And for dredging chicken? Thanks!!

I've used Pamela's all-purpose for thickening sauces. Its not pure white like gluten flour but works & tastes fine.

It should work. I like to use the Tom Sawyer brand for stuff like scalloped potatoes and I use a mix of that and parmesan cheese to coat stuff like chicken. I also use the Pamela's mix for sweets and quick breads but never tried it for thickening other than stuff like pie fillings. Another thing that works okay is cornstarch for some stuff.

Thanks! I used it last night to dredge some chicken, and my kids were happy with the results. I'll try it next week for a sauce I have in mind.

We used the King Arthur flour last night for dredging turkey cutlets before browning. It worked perfectly. I like the KA better than Glutino, which I found to be somewhat gritty.

I've been using a mix of 1/2 cornstarch and 1/2 rice flour for the same amount of wheat flour in recipes for sauces, etc., since I found ut I couldn't have wheat. Works great (and cheaper than a lot of the flour mixes) in small amounts.

I had a ziplock bag of half amaranth and half sorghum flours in the fridge that my spouse raided for dredging fish one time, it worked so well we keep doing it.

Just looked up the ingredients on the King Arthur gluten free multi purpose flour mix, which is brown rice, tapioca, and potato starch. This should work fine.