Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've recently started on the Gluten free diet and have eaten about 4 of these yesterday and having a reaction to it. Box says that it does not contain wheat but processed where other wheat containing products are processed. Any one have a reaction to these chocolates?

Sandy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I react to anything with soy, soy lecithin... any soy. Chocolate usually has soy lecithin in it. If I eat more than a bite of chocolate I feel 'unwell'.

Anemia and IBS through my life

2005 Joint pain, exhaustion, general feeling of not being well 2006 Beginning of testing for everything but Celiac 2008 Bloating, more muscle stiffness, feeling sicker, more exhausted-testing 'normal' 2010 March insides begin to shut down, cough that won't go away 2010 June Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, biopsy - all show no problems

Self diagnosed gluten intolerant - went gluten free. Within 3 days feeling better.

After 5 days - insides began to move

Now - feel better than I have felt for 15 years (except when I gluten myself.. which I'm good at)

I've recently started on the Gluten free diet and have eaten about 4 of these yesterday and having a reaction to it. Box says that it does not contain wheat but processed where other wheat containing products are processed. Any one have a reaction to these chocolates?

Sandy

If they are processed on shared lines they could have been contaminated.