sreese68

Blisters In Mouth. From Gluten?

Rate this topic

I have read that canker sores can be caused by gluten, but aren't they always ulcers that go into the skin? I sometimes get blisters on the inside of my lips/mouth, and I wasn't sure if people get that kind of mouth sore after ingesting gluten. I ask because I went out of town recently and ended up with two blisters the day after my trip. I NEVER get two at a time, so I was surprised. I also had stomach pain off and on and more constipation than normal (C is my problem. Never get D.) It's hard for me to know what caused the stomach reaction because I also don't tolerate fructose. My last meal on my trip could have either had garlic (which would be a problem) or it may have been cooked in a contaminated pan. (I totally forgot to mention the clean pan thing and the no garlic.)

Thanks!

Sharon

Yes, canker sores can be from gluten. I got them chronically as a child (long before diagnosis). I would get 4 or 5 at a time. My daughter also got multiple canker sores chronically before diagnosis. Very painful! Now they only appear when she's accidentally glutened. I read somewhere a couple of years ago that pediatricians should test children that have chronic canker sores for Celiac/gluten intolerance.

Yes, canker sores can be from gluten. I got them chronically as a child (long before diagnosis). I would get 4 or 5 at a time. My daughter also got multiple canker sores chronically before diagnosis. Very painful! Now they only appear when she's accidentally glutened.

same for me... used to get them all before gluten free, now pretty much only get them if I get glutened.

I also have fructose intolerance, and don't seem to get when I eat something that aggravates my fructose issues