Simona19

Latex Free Band-Aid?

Rate this topic

Hi!

I would like to ask, if anybody had any problems with latex free band-aid? After I went gluten free I have been having problem with latex free Band-aid or any latex free tape (paper, foil, or plastic, even with tape in hospitals). I will have rash. I didn't have that before.I have allergy to latex and I'm always using latex free tapes, gloves, etc.

I will have tape on after blood work and the place when the tape was will be covered with small pimples and it will be red. I can see the print of the tape on my arm. I was thinking that it may contain gluten. Is this possible? If there is gluten, can my body react to it with rash?

Well it could be the 'nontoxic' adhesive. I also react very badly to paper bandages and latex bandages. I use fabric ones with no problems. I use a pretty generic brand called Top Care (at least I think that's the name. I never let them put a bandaid on after a blood draw. I simply ask them to let me hold the pad on it until the bleeding stops.

I had that issue long before i was diagnosed.

Nexcare is probably the only brand i can stand for a short amount of time. If its something major, i move up to 'paper tape' for a while. If that irritaties me, i get annoyed and just use an acebandage or something similar.

I had that issue long before i was diagnosed.

Nexcare is probably the only brand i can stand for a short amount of time. If its something major, i move up to 'paper tape' for a while. If that irritaties me, i get annoyed and just use an acebandage or something similar.

I never had any problems with any tape before I went gluten and casein free. Now I'm very sensitive to anything (fruit, vegetable, fructose), but I didn't aspected to react to tape, even paper. :o:o:o

I never had any problems with any tape before I went gluten and casein free. Now I'm very sensitive to anything (fruit, vegetable, fructose), but I didn't aspected to react to tape, even paper. :o:o:o

Oh i can totally understand. I found out my issue with the band-aids after a mole removal gone wrong (long story short, stitches were taken out too soon, big open wound). Was not fun.

But yeah, i tried a nexcare bandaid earlier... and startend to become irritated by it sooner than i ever did before. Ick.

It stinks :(

If that irritaties me, i get annoyed and just use an acebandage or something similar.

That has been a good solution for me in most areas. I keep a package of these little finger size wraps on hand for when I am working with glass or cut my fingers. I also keep rolled gauze on hand for stuff like skinned knees etc and hold the bandage on with that and put the tape just on the rolled gauze.

I'm allergic to latex and adhesives. There's a Nextcare plastic tape that I carry myself if I'm gonna get blood drawn. Also, some places have Coban if you ask, a nonadhesive sticks-to-itself wrap that works well. Ive seen it at pharmacies and I think its a 3M product.

I'm allergic to latex and adhesives. There's a Nextcare plastic tape that I carry myself if I'm gonna get blood drawn. Also, some places have Coban if you ask, a nonadhesive sticks-to-itself wrap that works well. Ive seen it at pharmacies and I think its a 3M product.

Thank you for your advice! I will definitely look after them in the pharmacies. It