Boilermaker

Meal Ideas For Weekend Bike Race

Rate this topic

In a month I am riding in a 150 mile bike ride which is a weekend long. They can not make accommodations for my celiac and I am assuming all the meals will be pastas, breads, etc. So I will need to supply all of my meals for the weekend: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, and some snacks.

I will have to pack the lunches in my pack on my bike, which is not very big. I will be able to store my breakfasts and dinner in a bigger bag at camp. But I will not have any refrigeration or microwave! I will possibly have a grill to heat up my my dinner. So I need some help figuring out what to pack from the weekend! I am especially worried about having enough complex carbs.

The ideas I have so far for snacks are: trail mix, gluten-free granola bars, lara bars, jerky. They will have some fruit provided as well. For breakfast I may make some muffins and have gluten-free granola.

Any other ideas? I appreciate any ideas I can get!!

In a month I am riding in a 150 mile bike ride which is a weekend long. They can not make accommodations for my celiac and I am assuming all the meals will be pastas, breads, etc. So I will need to supply all of my meals for the weekend: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, and some snacks.

I will have to pack the lunches in my pack on my bike, which is not very big. I will be able to store my breakfasts and dinner in a bigger bag at camp. But I will not have any refrigeration or microwave! I will possibly have a grill to heat up my my dinner. So I need some help figuring out what to pack from the weekend! I am especially worried about having enough complex carbs.

The ideas I have so far for snacks are: trail mix, gluten-free granola bars, lara bars, jerky. They will have some fruit provided as well. For breakfast I may make some muffins and have gluten-free granola.

Any other ideas? I appreciate any ideas I can get!!

Looks like you have a pretty good list already. If you need carbs you could do:

Peanut butter and Jelly on gluten-free bread (Udi's or Rudi's are pretty good brands just toast them before you make the sandwiches)

Rice cakes with peanut butter

gluten-free pretzels

banana chips (other dried fruit?)

Corn tortilla chips and salsa maybe? (I know not really healthy but you could get those little snacker cups for salsa so you don't waste a whole jar and the corn chips would be carbs)

baking potatoes and foil --you could wrap in foil and cook on the grill.