This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Almost Egg Less Apple Cake - Gluten And Casein Free

Simona19

Simona19 Collaborator

Almost Egg less Apple cake - gluten and casein free

1 and half of Shar lady fingers

1 Tbsp. of margarine or shortening

1 cup of sour cream substitution

1 ¼ cup Bob’s bread mix flour (I thing that any all purpose flour would do it)

5-6 bigger apples

Cinnamon, sugar - amount depend on the sweetness of apples

Pudding :

2 cups of vanilla rice milk

3 Tbsp. of corn starch

5 Tbsp. of sugar

1 or 2 Rich’s whip cream

Make dough from flour, sour cream and margarine and put it on baking pan 8x12. With the spoon spread the dough evenly over the bottom of the baking pan in tin layer (it takes longer, but it’s doable) . Pinch the dough a few times with fork and bake on 355F for 5 minutes.

Put lady fingers on top of cake. Cover the dough very tide with them. Sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. If the apples are sour, use more sugar.

Peal the apples and cup them on thicker slices (1/3 of inch). Put them nicely over the lady fingers.

In the pot combine rice milk, corn starch and sugar and cook pudding. It won’t be thick. Pure the pudding mixture evenly over the apples and bake it again for 30 minutes.

Let it cool down.

Make whip cream from 1 or 2 Rich’s whip cream and spread over the cake. Sprinkle with little chocolate chips (Enjoy life), or ice cream sprinkles, or shred chocolate on top. Let it chill in the fridge for 1 hour and enjoy.

Original recipe called for 4 cups of milk, 2 boxes of vanilla pudding - cook and serve, and cream cheese instead of sour cream. I changed to casein free cake.

If you can make, or find any similar cookies to Shar lady fingers where eggs wouldn't be in the ingredient, this cake would be egg less.

2jepljc.webp

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alex11602 Collaborator

Almost Egg less Apple cake - gluten and casein free

1 and half of Shar lady fingers

1 Tbsp. of margarine or shortening

1 cup of sour cream substitution

Simona19 Collaborator

This cake sounds so delicious! Question though, what would you use as a sour cream substitute? The only one I have seen is soy which my daughter can't have, anyone know of anything else? Thank you.

I used Tofutti which has soy in it. I have one idea for people with soy issue: instead of sour cream use just 1 cup rice milk, add one more Tbsp. of margarine and 1/2 teaspoon of backing soda. The result will be similar with the taste.

Simona19 Collaborator

I made mistake with copy and paste and I just realized it. This is the proper instruction:

Put lady fingers on top of cake. Cover the dough very tide with them. Peal the apples and cut them on thicker slices (1/3 of inch).

Put them on top of the lady fingers (one next to another, in rows). Sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. If the apples are sour, use more sugar.

In the pot combine rice milk, corn starch and sugar and cook pudding. It wont be thick. Pure the pudding mixture evenly over the apples and bake it again for 30 minutes.

Let it cool down.

Sorry...

mommida Enthusiast

Simona,

Can you post the recipe for the chocolate avatar pic? Mmmmmmmm

Simona19 Collaborator

Simona,

Can you post the recipe for the chocolate avatar pic? Mmmmmmmm

I did it already.

Check this:

Very soon I will try to convert another cake to casein and gluten free. It will be very easy.

Currently I live in the USA, but I'm from Europe and my cakes are different. I'm trying to convert them to cups and make them friendly for people with food restrictions. So far with luck. Enjoy :)

Archived