sa1937

Gluten-Free Hamburger Helper Concern

Rate this topic

Thanks for the heads up. I have bought this on occasion when it's late I haven't planned ahead. My nearest grocery store is 40 min. round trip. The little town that I liev in has a tiny Mom and Pop store that carries this. We just had it a few weeks ago. Back to Dinty Moore stew for a quick meal that I can grab there! Thanks!

I tried one of the fried rice versions and really didn't care for it. I can do better. And I never did try the cheesy hashbrowns. So for those who like these products, now might be the time to stock up (reading the labels carefully during the changeover).

The cheesy hash browns was the one that I bought a few times. It was ok. I have made my own though with ground beef, onion, Velveeta cheese and hash browns. It was way better!So if anyone liked it and is going to miss it, you can make your own.

I don't use many prepared products like that. For hash browns, Ore-Ida is gluten-free (as far as I know) or I like Simply Potatoes.

The hash browns that I used for that were not prepared. I use Mr. Dell's hash browns. The only ingredient is potatoes. They use non GMO potatoes. Check out their website. They are made here in Missouri and are really good!

I've never seen Mrs. Dell's hash browns around here.

velveeta cheese.

Oh my god, I have forgotten about it for years, even though I grew up on it.

Thanks for the reminding!

I make my own Hashbrown version myself inspired by the Betty Crocker box . . . I had the Betty Crocker one in hand and was looking at the photo . . . looks good I thought, but there is no stinkin' way that rehydrated dehydrated cheese (sauce?) is going to look melty like that. ;)