SAVANNAH21

Dr In Nw Pa Or Western Ny

Rate this topic

I had a positive biopsy but blood work came back negative so my PCP states I do not have Celiac. I am looking for a GI who deals with Celiac in Northwestern PA (Pittsburgh or Erie PA) or in Western NY near the Buffalo area to get another opinion. Does anyone know of one?

A positive biopsy trumps the negative blood work so you do have celiac. Actually false negatives on blood labs are not all that uncommon.

I had a positive biopsy but blood work came back negative so my PCP states I do not have Celiac. I am looking for a GI who deals with Celiac in Northwestern PA (Pittsburgh or Erie PA) or in Western NY near the Buffalo area to get another opinion. Does anyone know of one?

Did a GI doc do your endoscopy?? My suggestion would be to get a copy of the report from whom ever did your biopsy.

IMO,It sound like you need a new PCP .

I live in northwester pa, my GI doc is with St Vincents in Erie.

Message me if you would like her information.

DR Stanley is in Moon Twp & is very good . His nurse is gluten-free... There is a group of doctors in this practice.. Here is the phone number: 412-262-1000.. This practice used to put on gluten-free seminars in the Pgh area., we go to Dr Stanley....

Also Allegheny General Health Care System has a celiac clinic in Ross Twp on Rt 19 close to the North HIlls area/ Wexford area... Dr Lebowitz (sp?) is also knowledgeable. ..I never went to this practice...

hth

mamaw,,,

I'm in your area , if I can help you just let me know....Gluten Free Cravings is a group from Butler