Austin Guy

Can I Eat This

Rate this topic

I just went gluten free a week ago and feel better than I have in 10 years. Not diagnosed yet, but am absolutely certain gluten tears me up. I now have energy, am not drinking as much coffee, more focused, not eating all the time, my mood is great and my BP and pulse are way down. I think gluten has been putting terrible stress on my body.

So on to my question: I just took something out of the freezer that I cooked a couple of weeks ago and it has macaroni in it. If I pick the macaroni out, can I eat it? I'm unsure of any gluten residue that might be left behind.

Thanks for any feedback.

No you can't eat it and remain gluten free. That macaroni has melted a little bit of flour all in that food. Even if you pick out the big piece you can see, there will be little bits you can't see.

It would have way to much gluten in it to be safe for someone who is Celiac or Gluten Intolerant.

We have to avoid cross contamination in the tiniest of particles.

You might feel lousy for a few days after eating that.

Thanks. I suspected as much. This is going to take a bit of getting used to and I'm sure glad I found this forum. I plan on spending a lot of time here.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's like gluten suicide.

I hope you continue to feel better!!!!!

Donate the meal to a shut-in you know :D

I just went gluten free a week ago and feel better than I have in 10 years. Not diagnosed yet, but am absolutely certain gluten tears me up. I now have energy, am not drinking as much coffee, more focused, not eating all the time, my mood is great and my BP and pulse are way down. I think gluten has been putting terrible stress on my body.

So on to my question: I just took something out of the freezer that I cooked a couple of weeks ago and it has macaroni in it. If I pick the macaroni out, can I eat it? I'm unsure of any gluten residue that might be left behind.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've never been tested positive for celiac disease, I've had a test, but it was negative. You could easily find your self in this situation, you might get a negative test, but if you were to start eating gluten again, you'd start getting symptoms. I'm also dairy intolerant to an extent, but I get away with the odd bar of ice cream here and there, and the odd biscuit or cake maybe. So I have concluded that although I may actually have celiac disease my body just really doesn't like much wheat/gluten or dairy, so generally I keep well clear.