Rate this topic

I am unable to eat a lot of tortilla chips because of my allergy to sunflower oil. The only one I had found that doesn't have it is the Kroger Brand.

Now that I went Gluten Free I am afraid to try them again, even though they say they only have whole white corn, corn oil, and salt.

Does anyone else eat these without feeling glutened?

I don't eat Kroger brand (don't have them here). I do eat other brands with those ingredients.

I am unable to eat a lot of tortilla chips because of my allergy to sunflower oil. The only one I had found that doesn't have it is the Kroger Brand.

Now that I went Gluten Free I am afraid to try them again, even though they say they only have whole white corn, corn oil, and salt.

Kroger does not operate in Canada, so I have no direct experience. However, I would eat them. There is no gluten in the ingredient list, and the oil is explicitly declared to be from corn (not sunflower).

I have not had Kroger brand but I would eat them if that's all they have for ingredients. I eat Fritos sometimes and the only ingredients are corn, corn oil and salt.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I was being overly cautious because of the possiblity of CC. Today, those same chips were underneath a gluten free sign. Pretty ironic!

I eat Mission Brand. Frito Lay has a few 'gluten free' ones but you'll have to check their website to find the exact ones...

Before I went corn free, I would buy XochitL corn chips. They are truly amazing in taste! They are very thin and salty. Best when warmed in the oven and they are labled gluten-free. Close to what I remember Chili's chips to be. I know a lot of us use Fritos etc, but these taste so good! My son, who loves mexican, said these are better than any resturant ones he has ever had. Google the name, I buy them at Bi-Los. If you love nachos and can get these, give'em a try!

I make my own tortilla shells, brush with oil and season how I like, and bake til crisp. This way I can make several kinds depending on the flavour profile I am going for.

Like another poster, I like Xochitl. I also eat the ones by Food Should Taste Good. And sometimes I make them myself - it doesn't take long - I oven bake them so they're healthier.

I am able to eat Santitas White Corn Triangle Tortillas without any issues. They're made by Frito-Lay and from what I can tell most of their tortialls contain sunflower oil.

I eat the Kroger chips.

richard