Chad Sines

Grrr. Evil Gluten

Rate this topic

It is odd that as you remove gluten you become MORE sensitive to it. Do not get me wrong, I am glad to not have constant nausea, vomiting, dizziness, etc, but grrr nonetheless.

Going gluten-free definitely seems to have kicked my tummy into a reflux machine and the digestive enzymes seem to have made that worse.

OK. Rant over. Have a nice day

Have you tried taking a probiotic to give your gut some good flora to work with? :)

What probiotic do you recommend? I think I could use that...

What probiotic do you recommend? I think I could use that...

Oh my goodness, there are so many, and I am not in US right now. Go to a vitamin shop or health food store and ask for a recommendation of gluten/lactose free with plenty of billions :P

I take one called VSL#3 but it is kinda expensive. :o and has to be shipped refrigerated.

I am going to start one in a week or so. I want to give the enzymes some time and be sure there are no adverse side effects from them before adding something new.

I am going to start one in a week or so. I want to give the enzymes some time and be sure there are no adverse side effects from them before adding something new.

If the digestive enzymes are giving you issues with reflux drop them. Not all of us need to use them. The same applies to probiotics.

I take :

Nature's Bounty

Chewable acidolfilus with bifidus - milk free

The milk free part is why I picked it.

• Upvote 1