Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunnydayzahead

Am I A Wimp?

Not a wimp. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I toughed it out for a long time which made my recovery slow, I'm sure. Probably should've quit sooner... Now I still can't work. It's different for everyone.

Take care of your body. It's the only one you get.

I just wondered if anyone out there has taken an extended period of time off work ( two or three months)in order to heal from celiac and multiple symptoms and if you did - did this help you a lot?

I am 46 and was finally diagnosed after twelve years of symptoms some requiring hospitilization and also have microsopic colitis.

I went gluten free last july after being diagnosed by positive endoscope and blood test, but have not been overly careful with CC and everything else. Since March I have been getting steadily sicker and have missed days of work here and there, but now I have been off for two weeks and am considering taking a couple of months off to allow myself time to heal. Some days I feel okay and other days I am flat out on the couch barely able to focus or function with multiple celiac related symptoms - although I still am on dairy and someone suggested I go off that also to help which I plan to do.

I feel like a wimp even considering this as I have always coped and kept going while in pain or run down. My husband, family and friends are all encouraging me to take the time but still I am reluctant. i don't want to give in.

Am I a wimp or are there others there like me?

Thanks!!!

You are NOT a wimp!!!! We have so many side effects to deal with. A lot of us also have additional diseases (I have CLL, Scoliosis and a few more). I've been trying to get disability but got turned down. Now I'm fighting for it. There is no way I can do what is required in my profession (Special Ed teacher). Please do not think you are a wimp. Just do what you need to take care of yourself. This Forum and the wonderful people here are the most amazing and knowledgeable group gathered in one place. Please feel free to PM me if you need to vent one-on-one.

Loey