salexander421

Gluten Contamination From Punch Balls!?

Rate this topic

Me and DD ran to the local dollar general to pick up a couple things and while we were there we picked up some punch balls (basically thick balloons with a rubber band attached. When we got home I went to blow them off and noticed they were coated in some kind of flour so I rinsed them off and blew them up. Now I'm wondering if maybe they were coated in wheat flour. Anyone have experience with this?

maybe it was dust? I mean we are talking Dollar store right? Other wise I'm thinking powder like in latex gloves to keep balloons from sticking together.

What does DD stand for?

maybe it was dust? I mean we are talking Dollar store right? Other wise I'm thinking powder like in latex gloves to keep balloons from sticking together.

What does DD stand for?

That's what I was thinking.

DD is usually Darling Daughter, DS- Darling Son, DH - Darling Husband or the skin manifestation of Celiac

If they are behaving badly, do they become RD, RH, RS? ( rotten)

My guess is that it would be corn starch.

My guess is that it would be corn starch.

That is what I would think also. I remember getting those when I was a kid. They did have a coating on them. Probably to keep them from sticking to themselves.

When my daughter was much younger, my husband took her and a friend out for the day. The friend was a girl I had much trouble with to the point where her mother would not allow her to come to our house any more. She had mouthed off to me many times and told me I couldn't tell her what to do. She would get in my bedroom, trash it and take things out of the room. She also took food from our fridge and set it on the floor. Mind you this was frozen food. She left the freezer door open as well. And I didn't discover it until the stuff had melted all over the floor. There were plenty of more incidents but the last one was when she went up into the loft in our back house to get the summer toys down. After I told the kids they could not climb the ladder because it was dangerous. Anyway...

My husband bought them something from one of those "gum" machines. She was playing around with it in the back of my van. Apparently it was some sort of balloon looking thing with a face on it. She was pulling and pulling on it until it snapped and it sprayed powder (it was filled with it) all over the inside of the van. I was not pleased! I freaked because I didn't know what the stuff was but after much research I discovered that it was cornstarch.

I'm hoping that it is corn starch and not wheat flour, we will probably avoid these in the future :)