Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roda

Bakery On The Main Granola Bars

A box of these costs me around $5.59 for a 6 oz box that comes with five bars. I could get the bags of it a lot cheeper and make bars myself. Any ideas on what to mix with it? I was wanting to make these for my 6 year old. I thought honey, but he does not like the taste of it.

I also just read on their site that they produce a wheat free but not gluten free granola bar that has oats in it. I haven't eaten any of the gluten free stuff myself in quite sometime now because I thought the sesame seeds were giving me problems. Now I wonder if there is oat cc and it was getting me. Hmm... I wonder if I should bother with these at all in the house since I am sensitive. I don't think my son is, that I can tell anyway, but I avoided oats when he was a baby because he would get a rash on his head. I hate it when things get messy!

http://www.bakeryonmain.com/about-us/faq

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):