firefightersgal

Gluten Ruined My Cycle

Rate this topic

After 2.5 years of trying for baby #2 and one miscarriage later, my cycles seemed to be returning to a somewhat normal and functioning state. I have been gluten-free since August. Before that, I had to use fertility meds to ovulate. My last cycle was beautiful--I even ovulated on my own. When my period showed up, I felt sorry for myself for STILL not getting pregnant and gave into a major gluten craving. As a result, my current cycle is a complete mess. There are absolutely no signs of ovulation. Unfortunately, this means that this cycle will probably go on for a long time. I hate that, because who knows how long it will before I can start over and try again.

::pout:: Lesson learned.

Awww, I am sorry that things haven't worked out so well, yet. I know how hard it is to wait and hope.

Maybe things will settle down sooner this time.

Sorry to hear that...Just wanted to let you know that the gluten not only messed up your cycle but it may have contributed to your miscarriage too. So if you want to get pregnant, STAY GLUTEN FREE! And be extra, extra careful once you get pregant. Good Luck!

Yes, my doctor and I agree that gluten probably caused my miscarriage. It happened before I was diagnosed and I was eating gluten like crazy. There was no other explanation for it.

Next cycle, if there is disappointment, eat some Dove chocolate or tacos or ice cream.

Lots of real lay bad but " Oh so yummy" gluten-free foods. :)