Chad Sines

Heartburn From Digestive Enzymes?

Rate this topic

I recently, two weeks ago, started taking Digest Gold. It may be my imagination but it seems to be causing roaring heartburn and really irritating my hiatal hernia which I rarely notice. I tried skipping the dinner dose but do not see a real difference.

My non-celiac issues: Hiatal hernia, GERD, and history of ulcers, no GB.

Anyone else getting heartburn from digestive enzymes? Not sure if it is unrelated or not.

I recently, two weeks ago, started taking Digest Gold. It may be my imagination but it seems to be causing roaring heartburn and really irritating my hiatal hernia which I rarely notice. I tried skipping the dinner dose but do not see a real difference.

My non-celiac issues: Hiatal hernia, GERD, and history of ulcers, no GB.

Anyone else getting heartburn from digestive enzymes? Not sure if it is unrelated or not.

Definitely, I just started to take enzymes again after a relapse and I had mad heartburn last night. It's best to take it after you have a few bites to eat first.

last night it was so bad I took two zantac 75's and then chewed on some tums and it finally subsided. It takes some getting used to at first...

Oh no, that might be a cause of my heartburn, and probiotics too. I think probiotics should be taken with a whole quart of water.

I did a trial of back on Digest Gold for a week and could always taste acid in my mouth. Stopped for last 3 days and nothing. started today and 2 hours later had it again. interesting.

Oh yes! I can take some but not any with bromelain in them.

Oh yes! I can take some but not any with bromelain in them.

My experience is along this line....try not to consume alot of acidic products. If you are having heartburn it is because you are highly acidic or more acidic than normal so thus do not take anything that would increase your internal acidity.

There are a lot of people here who have been helped tremendously by digestive enzymes and probiotics as well as betaine. I think the key is to try them separately and listen to what your body is try to tell you. I do think they are all worth exploring.