GFreeMO

Floating Bm's

Rate this topic

I occasionally will have a little D non gluten related, usually spicy food or corn or whatever but the next day, I will have floating BM's. Is this just part of celiac or what? I know that before I was diagnosed, I would always just have massive D and pain, but whats with the floaters?

Also, do any other ladies here get D with their periods?

My understanding is that floating stools are a result of fat that has not been absorbed by the body.

I occasionally get this, but ive asked my doctor and she claims its because im a vegetarian, eating more veg etc. And yes defiantly get the D whilst im on my period, which is unfortunate, like we celiacs havent suffered enough already! Its common with women, apparantly as the uterus is bigger before we come on is sits against our colon so usually before a period we are more likely to be constipated, then as we come on all that hsa been held back rushes out so to speak as the uterus is going back to normal :) So completely natural.

Before being diagnosed I had no idea stool wasn't supposed to float.

I just read that corn can make it float. I have eaten a ton of corn this week. Maybe thats it. Periods and celiac are not a good combo I have decided. It seems like I have gluten symptoms during my period that are not gluten related. Ahh the joys of being a woman!