• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Chad Sines

Ww Vs South Beach

Rate this topic

Does WW or South Beach seem to work better for most of you? I am debating WW or SB or WW opting for more lower carb foods. I had great success on Atkins 5 years ago but that was before my gallbladder was removed. I have never seemed to lose anything on WW even following their points. Weird.

I am considering starting on phase 2 of SB.

Does WW or South Beach seem to work better for most of you? I am debating WW or SB or WW opting for more lower carb foods. I had great success on Atkins 5 years ago but that was before my gallbladder was removed. I have never seemed to lose anything on WW even following their points. Weird.

I am considering starting on phase 2 of SB.

My parents have done very well on the SB diet. I have tried it two different times. First time I lost about 10# in the first three weeks. I had to quit at that time because I was having a flare up of symptoms. I recently started back on it, phase 1 and noticed a few pounds dropping. However, I have strayed a bit in the last week and have come to a stand still. I plan to get back on track! I have good luck on it if I follow it correctly.

That has been my experience as well. I did phenomenal on Atkins, losing 50 pounds and having spectacular lab values. Now I cannot tolerate that amount of fat. I do like SB but also liked the idea of having certain carby options as many gluten-free products are carby. Still, even following the plan I never lost on WW, so I think SB it is.

Thanks for your reply.

I did WW before going gluten-free 5 weeks ago and lost extremely slowly. My biggest problem with WW is that I love the carby stuff and that's the mainstay of my diet when doing WW. I also just cannot get myself to start tracking and weighing and measuring again. I am out of practice and the thought of going back to that is kind of depressing right now.

I'm also having lots of stomach issues since going gluten-free and have decided that I need to work on getting in more whole foods, so I am going to start back on SB after I go grocery shopping next week. I feel like it's healthier than either WW or Atkins.