This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Interpreting Test Results

deb.h.

deb.h. Rookie

I tested my oldest daughter two years ago when she was 10 with Entro labs and these were the results

Gluten Sensitivity Stool Test

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 9 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Stool Test for Autoimmune Reaction to Tissue Transglutaminase

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 8 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Stool Test for Small Intestinal Malabsorption

Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: 350 Units (Normal Range < 300 Units)

Stool Test for Milk Sensitivity

Fecal anti-casein IgA antibody 8 Units (Negative Range <10 Units)

Gene Test for Gluten Sensitivity

Molecular analysis: HLA-DQB1*0503, 0602

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,6)

I just tested my other two daughters who are 10 and 5

the 10 year old was postive for everything

Gluten Sensitivity Testing

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 16 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 17 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: 102 Units (Normal Range < 300 Units)

HLA-DQ Gene Molecular analysis: HLA-DQB1*0501, 0503

Food Sensitivity Testing

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 14 Units (Normal Range

<10 Units)

these are the results for my 5 year old

Gluten Sensitivity Testing

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 27 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 22 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: 27 Units (Normal Range < 300 Units)

HLA-DQ Gene Molecular analysis: HLA-DQB1*0303, 0501

Food Sensitivity Testing

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 27 Units (Normal Range

<10 Units

I have a couple of questions for anybody who has had these tests. I noticed that the genes are slightly different or appear to be from the numbers and I was wondering if that meant that there has to be more than one gene involved from the parents. I really don't understand the numbers

also i was wondering what the difference is between gluten sensitiviy and celiac. I have a lot of explaing and convincing to do with my husband if i am going to put them on a gluten free diet.

I have been Gluten free for 2 1/2 years. i was tested just before that and the test came back at 19 and a postive was 20 It was a tissue transglutamase test. i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I had excema, psoriasis, anemia, exhaustion, foggy brain, pain in myjoints etc. these have all been releived with the diet. I don't have dairy either. It is hard to imagine putting all my children on this diet but I reallyneed the support from my husband.

i am getting my oldest daughter retested especailly since she showed some malabsortion and myself tested as well even though I have been gluten free. I had another test for the tissue transglutamase(blood) by my doctor and it was down to 7. I really don't need any more proof for myself but my family is another story. Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

They definitely have issues with gluten going on and should be gluten free.

The difference between celiac and gluten intolerance is the damage that is done. Celiac is an autoimmune response that attacks the intestines and damages them.

Catching this now in them is good because the longer it goes undiagnosed the more problems it can cause.

Also, there are gluten sensitivity genes and then celiac genes. If you do not have the celiac gene you are 99.9% likely not to get celiac but you still could have a problem with gluten even if you are not celiac. There has been some debate on whether or not someone with gluten sensitivity will get celiac if they do not follow the diet. It is just best for the body to go gluten free if there is a problem with it.

Archived