Karl Otto

Found New Recipe For Chili-Mac

Rate this topic

My younest son Ishmael use to like to eat chili-Mac before he was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Now, he doctor put him on a gluten-free diet. He has been so lost without his favorite food. So, I found out this morning that Bush's Beans makes a gluten-free chili. I checked with several sources and included the Bush's Beans Company as well. So, if you mix Annie's Creamy Deluxe Box of gluten-free cheese and macaroni and Bush's Gluten-free beasns together, you get gluten-free Chili-Mac just like he use to eat. When, I first researched it, everyone told me there is not such thing as gluten-free Chili-Mac sold on the market today. Well, it seems to be doing the trick. You can find just about anykind of food if you look hard enough. Key is to experiment with different food groups and come up with new or old dishes accept, in gluten-free form.

I hope he enjoys it! If you can get him to eat this then you can at least get his caloric intake up. Good luck!! :D

Did he eat it? That sounds yummy and reasonably healthy. My 15 year old ( not picky) loves my chili mixed with plain macaroni.

I figure the tomato sauce, beans & meat are healthy. If this works, you might be able to hide little tiny, teeny pieces, microwaved until mushy, of carrots in it. But not the first day! :)

I was happy to hear that you are getting some medical help for him.