GFreeMO

Body Aches

Rate this topic

Does anyone else deal with all over body achyness? I just would like to experience a day without feeling achy all over.

This is not gluten related or nightshade or dairy etc. I know that aches and pains are a symptom of celiac. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way and how do you cope with it? I think it has something to do with inflammation due to celiac but not directly related to gluten.

For me the muscle cramps and achiness is my first symptom that flares up with even the tiniest contamination - I know you were looking for experiences with every day soreness but I did have to learn with the daily pain for many years before I went gluten free. It's really hard to cope with.

For me it usually means just riding it out for the week or so that it takes to subside but there are a few things that help:

- advil takes the edge off

- an over the counter muscle relaxant like robaxicet before bed can help the muscles relax through the night and I often feel less sore the next day.

- swimming and a soak in the hot tub at the rec centre

- stretching and yoga or even higher intensity exercise if you can manage it, working the muscles does help.

- massage therapy if you can afford it or have medical coverage. I get six 45-minute massages a year through my insurance which isn't much but they definitely help when things get bad.

For me it gets worse throughout the day so I try to get all my hard work like laundry, vacuuming and cooking done in the morning so I can take it easy in the evening. A hot soak in the bathtub when my hubby comes home from work helps me get through the evening as well.

My aches and pains, rigid cramping muscles improved on the gluten-free diet but I also had Lyme disease and my body was too acid instead of slightly alkaline. Since I have problems after taking antibiotics, for the Lyme infection I took homeopathic drops and used Hulda Clark's Zapper. The acidity I control with diet and eat more alkaline forming foods than acid forming foods. I did a variety of cleanses to clear out toxins and pollutants from my body and toned up my kidneys and liver to help get the toxins out.

I get achy from gluten but I also get it from soy. Have you had your thyroid tested or been tested for other autoimmune diseases like lupus, RA, etc.?

I get achy from gluten but I also get it from soy. Have you had your thyroid tested or been tested for other autoimmune diseases like lupus, RA, etc.?

I have been. I do have another autoimmune disease and took some powerful med. to control it about 10 years ago. There is a "name of the med" victims network. One of the side effects is bone and muscle pain and/or fibromyalgia, arthritis. Apparently this med. strips the body of calcium. Not good for someone with celiac! I also lived in a house with toxic mold for 2 years. (I got celiac) after this...so I guess it's a combo of all of those things.

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to cut most if not all soy out too. What do you use for salad dressing? I use Wishbone and soybean oil is the first ingredient. I live in the middle of no where so it has to be something that I can easily get at walmart. ty

I am trying to cut most if not all soy out too. What do you use for salad dressing? I use Wishbone and soybean oil is the first ingredient. I live in the middle of no where so it has to be something that I can easily get at walmart. ty

I make my own dressing using olive oil.This recipe site has some great dressing recipes

My link

I have been. I do have another autoimmune disease and took some powerful med. to control it about 10 years ago. There is a "name of the med" victims network. One of the side effects is bone and muscle pain and/or fibromyalgia, arthritis. Apparently this med. strips the body of calcium. Not good for someone with celiac! I also lived in a house with toxic mold for 2 years. (I got celiac) after this...so I guess it's a combo of all of those things.

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to cut most if not all soy out too. What do you use for salad dressing? I use Wishbone and soybean oil is the first ingredient. I live in the middle of no where so it has to be something that I can easily get at walmart. ty

That is very interesting that you lived in a house with mold. I was very, very sick from living in one with black mold for 10 months. That was about the time I started having unexplained seizures and other really bad neuro symptoms. I never would have found out about celiac disease if I had not been desperate and reading about diets to help people exposed to toxic mold. I did a major elimination diet, cutting out all the major allergens, all grains, all sources of sugar except berries and honey and all types of fungus like mushrooms. When I started to add thigns back in one at a time, wheat was the worst response of everything I tried to add. I got to reading and my symptoms fit for celiac or gltuen intolerance perfectly. After talking with an allergist last month however he told me it is possible living in the house with mold messed up my immune system and that's why I keep developing new allergies and intolerances.

For salad dressing I make my own with light olive oil and different types of vinegar. If you can't have vinegar you can also do olive oil and a squirt of lemon or lime.