This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's Your Favorite Tea? Or Favorite Beverage?

Newtoitall

Newtoitall Enthusiast

I for some reason want to find a delicious tea... something with health benifits maybe, but..every tea I try seems so... lacking, except for..chocolate and mint.. that was just a bit to much lol

So what is everyones favorite tea? anything exotic perhaps?

or just a plain earl grey or some such.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

It's pretty basic, but I love Tazo Awake Tea. Tastes very bright and clean :)

Jestgar Rising Star

I like Open Original Shared Link

kareng Grand Master

Sometimes I just make plain old Lipton, either cold or hot, and add orange juice or lemonade to it. You can use a loose tea basket & put a squished strawberry or raspberrys to steep.

BethJ Rookie

I love my cup of after dinner tea! I just restocked my tea larder yesterday. I was almost out of Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea - my usual tea. I love Good Earth Chai as a special treat although Twinings Earl Grey and Bigelow Constant Comment are also nice teas.

If I'm in the mood for healthy tea, I keep some Twinings African Red Rooibos on hand. It's an African herbal tea that's a lovely color and supposedly good for your insides. I have a close friend who lives in South Africa and she told me about it. "Rooibus" literally means "red bush."

Poppi Enthusiast

There is a tea store up the road from me and the lady who owns it has a daughter with celiac and she promises me that her teas are safe as her daughter drinks them and works in the store as well. It's all lovely loose leaf tea and I drink it constantly all day.

My morning drink is half a cup of warm milk with half a cup of strong brewed chai tea and a little bit of sugar.

Then for the rest of the day I usually drink various flavours of Roiboos with Hawaiian Colada and Blood Orange being my current favourites. If I need a bit of a boost in the afternoon I make a cup of wild blackberry black tea, no cream or sugar.

I love tea. I have a whole cupboard devoted to tea and the things needed to brew it.

As far as grocery store tea goes I really like the Tetley that comes in the round boxes with the plastic lid. Warmth (Cinnamon Spice), Mojito (Mint Lime) and Earl Grey are my first choices.

tarnalberry Community Regular

I drink a WIDE variety of tea. Most of the store bought ones are so-so. To get good tea, you need fresh ingredients, and the stuff on the store has been packaged so long ago. Loose leaf tea is going to be fresher (in general) than pre-packed. And make sure you brew it appropriately for the type of tea that your having. (I dislike black teas in general, but green tea has a SHORT brew time (1-3minutes, depending on the leaf, tops), white tea even less, and herbal teas much longer.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived