Elfbaby

Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devils Food

Rate this topic

Soooo.... I'm fine.

I no longer feel like I am going to get sadder and sadder being gluten free. I baked a batch of cupcakes from Betty Crockers Gluten Free Devils food cake and while the batter tasted like chalkboard mixed with sand...The cupcakes were delicious. Perfectly moist and lovely. If you had handed me a regular poisonous cupcake, and a gluten free one, I am not sure I would have been able to tell the difference.

Has anyone tried the gluten-free bisquick?

Soooo.... I'm fine.

I no longer feel like I am going to get sadder and sadder being gluten free. I baked a batch of cupcakes from Betty Crockers Gluten Free Devils food cake and while the batter tasted like chalkboard mixed with sand...The cupcakes were delicious. Perfectly moist and lovely. If you had handed me a regular poisonous cupcake, and a gluten free one, I am not sure I would have been able to tell the difference.

Has anyone tried the gluten-free bisquick?

Yes, I like gluten-free Bisquick for pancakes and have used it for a couple of other things. I've also used the cake mixes and brownie mix. If you're interested in picking up a cookbook using the cake mixes, The Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten-Free is a good one. I made a Chocolate Chip Cake and Darn Good Chocolate Cake from that cookbook (both bundt cakes).

If you go to http://www.bettycrocker.com/ and do a search for gluten-free, you'll come up with a bunch of recipes.

Yes we love the gluten free Betty Crocker line. The devils food cake is great. The yellow cake mix is good but to make it moist it needs a little TLC. I mix 2oz of softened cream cheese into the batter and pull it out of the oven a little early (still a few fudgy crumbs on the toothpick) and it turns out great. I was talking to a mom in my son's kindergarden class and she says that she "sweats" her cakes to get them super moist. I didn't know what she meant so she said basically take the cake and put into something you can cover and while it cools it retains the moisture. I may give it a try with the yellow cake.

We also love the bisquik mix. We regularly make pancakes and waffles. Just the other day I made snickerdoodles out of it and they were fantastic. Here is a link:

I needed to make a dessert for a dinner invitation recently. So, it was time to break out the Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mix. It was the yellow cake version. The cake rose just like a regular cake. I had to slice the top part in order to apply the frosting. I chomped on the extra parts uncontrollably. Let me tell you, it was so good. I made a cream cheese frosting with chocolate chips and then layered cherry pie filling on top of it all. Don't know if the cherry filling was gluten-free or not. I didn't experience any symptoms. The rest of the non-gluten-free party enjoyed the dessert and the lady of the house cut a big portion out to keep for herself! It's not as moist as the regular cake mix but not bad either!