rgarton

Is This Normal Now? Whats Your Expereince?

Rate this topic

Okay I got diagnosed in late January this year. I've been gluten free since with 2 hiccups at the beggining. In month four i found out i wasn't seeing a difference to the gluten free diet because i was reacting to soy, worked this out thanks to you guys btw! So after that it all started to turn around, finally. But the problem is all my life, unknowingly, i had been constipated (TMI i know!) and only going 3 times a week maybe.

But now, im going every morning, about an hour after i get up and its soft, easy to pass, to me it almost seems loose, but i don't know whether its because i have been used to being constipated that the difference is huge for me.

I have a diet consisting mainly of salads, veggies, fruit, rice cakes (during the day), and pasta, potatoes and rice (only in the evenings) am i just adjusting to fibre, or is it totally normal? I keep thinking maybe i got glutened but I'm so careful, changed all my washing, beauty products. Our entire house is gluten-free, so it seems impossible! I'm just looking for answers and other peoples experience!

Sounds totally normal to me. If they were loose, watery, did not hold together, were explosive, then I would be concerned. I think it is just that you didn't know what a normal BM was :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I've been constipated all my life too and since going gluten free I am 'moving' everyday, sometimes 2 times a day. Health folk often say we are supposed to have movements after every meal... if they are healthy BM. I feel so much better now that I am gluten free and this is part of the total healing - having healthy elimination.

If a person suffers with D, this is a whole different story.

Sounds totally normal to me. If they were loose, watery, did not hold together, were explosive, then I would be concerned. I think it is just that you didn't know what a normal BM was :rolleyes:

I agree. I had C for years before the daily and nightly D set in and as a kid my Mom was told that it was 'normal' for me only to have a BM a couple times a week. I am now as regular as clockwork every morning.

Thanks guys this is quite reassuring, gives me sense of peace for next morning :) I guess when you don't really know its hard to ask other people face to face! Not the best topic of conversation.

They don't quite hold together but im guessing thats because of the amounts of fruit and salad i eat?

I've been constipated all my life too and since going gluten free I am 'moving' everyday, sometimes 2 times a day. Health folk often say we are supposed to have movements after every meal... if they are healthy BM. I feel so much better now that I am gluten free and this is part of the total healing - having healthy elimination.

If a person suffers with D, this is a whole different story.

This has been my experience as well...I'm very pleased. B)

It used to be every 7 to 10 days for me... all my life. Now 2 or 3 times a week and not easy to pass, but easier than before going corn-free last year. That's why I think something else is still going on.