• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I bought a package of Glutino Vanilla Cream Sandwich cookies and they are really really good.....look and taste like an Oreo! I don't usually buy packaged gluten-free cookies because they are so pricey, but I don't think I could bake anything like an Oreo and wanted to have something quick to snack on. Very happy with these! :)

I haven't tried that brand but the K-Toos (KinniToos) by Kinnikinnick are awesome.

I haven't tried that brand but the K-Toos (KinniToos) by Kinnikinnick are awesome.

I made the mistake of letting my gluten eating 18 yr old boy try them. He said they are better than Oreos. Now I have to hide them. :o

I have a box of those too, but haven't tried them yet. :) I have loved everything of Kinnikinnick so far.

I have a box of those too, but haven't tried them yet. :) I have loved everything of Kinnikinnick so far.

I found some Kinnikinnick donuts at a Food Lion in Lancaster, SC of all places. We got the cinnamon/sugar. OMG they were good. My gluten eating husband said they were even better than the high priced donuts I got from a gluten free bakery in Downtown Disney. Go figure, I had a reaction to the ones in Disney (yes dedicated gluten free bakery. I reacted to the brand of flour they used) and ate the Kinnikinick ones without problem..well except I went back for more. :lol::P

now I want an oreo :huh:

Well crap. The glutino has eggs and soy and the k-toos have soy in them. I have a recipe somewhere for oreo type cookies that may work for you. I'll get back when I find it.

Well crap. The glutino has eggs and soy and the k-toos have soy in them. I have a recipe somewhere for oreo type cookies that may work for you. I'll get back when I find it.

:D

:D

Here is a link to the recipe. It would be easy enough to make dairy and egg free. Come to think of it the one time I made these I did make them dairy free using almond milk (which I know is out for you) and substituted the butter with something (don't remember now). Coconut oil comes to mind as a good sub and would be tasty too.

http://www.food.com/recipe/gluten-free-oreo-cookies-186848

Those are so incredibly good! The first day I moved to Corvallis we stopped into the local co-op and found them - it was love at first site. I sure wish I didn't find out about all my other allergies so I could ignorantly and mindlessly indulge on them like I once did Oreo's, hehe.

Roda's recipe there looks even better tho - darn I wish I wasn't on the Candida diet! :lol:

Here is a link to the recipe. It would be easy enough to make dairy and egg free. Come to think of it the one time I made these I did make them dairy free using almond milk (which I know is out for you) and substituted the butter with something (don't remember now). Coconut oil comes to mind as a good sub and would be tasty too.

http://www.food.com/recipe/gluten-free-oreo-cookies-186848

Thank you :wub: I am now such a happy girl :D

Agreed I just bought the K-Toos and they are the best I've had to date!!! :)

Thank you :wub: I am now such a happy girl :D

Your welcome C!! :)