Karl Otto

I Had The Old Test For Celiac Disease

Rate this topic

Karl,

I can't say if this info is correct. He is a lawyer trying to get business but it sounds reasonable. Might be worth a look.

http://www.veteransdisabilitylawyersite.com/veterans_disability_process.html

You may need to get a disability lawyer specializing in the military to help you. Many regular disability lawyers do not collect any fees until you get benefits. You appear to be very confused on what you need to prove. Your illness probably makes it hard to think straight sometimes.

Proving your children are yours, doesn't seem relevant. My kids do not have Celiac, that doesn't mean I don't have Celiac.

Is there a way of adding photos to a meessage to show what I looked like back in the olden days? You would see how skinny I was and thin and under weight. Remember, I was in the US Army back then. We did exercise every day before breakfast so, comon sense tells you, I should have built up muscles and muscle tone. I also would have put on weight and body mass. So, why would I be thin, small chest, under weight, and no muscles after 2 solid years of military service.

Yes, you can post pictures. First you must place them on a linkable site like photobucket. Then, enclose the url for the picture in IMG tags.

For example,

[img=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e339/tortoiseshell2002/Psillies/Martini1-1.jpg]

produces

Martini1-1.jpg

You are only entitled to disability from your service if you had a service associated disability. My DS, for example, was an undiagnosed celiac when he was in the Army and recieved a medical discharge. He was told he could get 10% disability because jumping out of planes blew out his knees but he never applied because there were other things he could do that didn't involve jumping out of planes and even though many of his issues were caused by celiac that was not something that the military service caused. Celiac is not a service associated disability, your being in the service did not cause your celiac. It is not unusual for us to go years without being diagnosed and to take years to heal. I was diagnosed in 2002 and just went back to work this week. I did not qualify for SSI even with a large number of issues that came from undiagnosed celiac and non-celiac related PTSD. I wasn't able to work for over 10 years and got no help at all. You are fortunate that you were able to get SSI and I hope you eventually recover enough to go back to work. I think it is highly unlikely that you will get any service related compensation.

As a Celiac who works in Social Security and Veterans Disability, this is true. That being said, Karl, you probably should talk to someone about your potential veterans benefits. Reading between the lines, it seems there might be more going on here and that some of it may qualify you for benefits.

If I can offer advice to anyone on either SSDI or veterans benefits I have worked in those fields for a decade now and am happy to answer questions. Just PM me.