ruca55

Ingredients For Prescription Meds

Rate this topic

Does anyone know where I can find info on prescription medication? After my endo I stopped taking all meds. Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and had to take my allergy med. I also had to start provera yesterday (period problem which I am also hoping will regulate once gluten free for a while) Anyway, I now seem to have a sore throat, (almost a swollen fleeing) that I can't shake. Not sure if it's due to all the pollen or something in one of the medications I took. Is there anywhere online that I can find ingredients info?

For prescriptions, usually you need to call the company that makes them. This is probably easier with a new perscription. I call the pharmacy when they have filled it (but before I pick it up & pay for it) and get the manufactorer info that they have. Sometimes they can give me a number or website to get the number. Sometimes there is a drug number that helps.

There is a list but I'm not sure how old it is. I'll see if I can find it and add it on here.

glutenfreedrugs.com is one site. That list says Provera is gluten-free. Other than that, you normally have to call the manufacturer. And you usually get a confusing or legalese answer. In the U.S., the vast majority of meds are gluten-free, although that doesn't mean that absolutely all are.

richard

Does anyone know where I can find info on prescription medication? After my endo I stopped taking all meds. Yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore and had to take my allergy med. I also had to start provera yesterday (period problem which I am also hoping will regulate once gluten free for a while) Anyway, I now seem to have a sore throat, (almost a swollen fleeing) that I can't shake. Not sure if it's due to all the pollen or something in one of the medications I took. Is there anywhere online that I can find ingredients info?

I usually check http://glutenfreedrugs.com/, which is maintained by a pharmacist and updated frequently. Ingredients are not listed, however. You could google the drug to see a list of ingredients or call the company.

Sylvia & Richard are faster than me! Need more coffee to beat them! :lol:

Ah, Karen...but I'm on the East coast so have a head start on the coffee!!! :lol: