Googles

How Do I Determine Where The Gluten Is Coming From?

Rate this topic

Hello,

I have started to have signs of what I consider low level gluten exposure (loose and frequent stools, possible neurological symptoms of depressed mood). The problem is that there have been two changes in my life recently and I'm not sure how to determine where the gluten is coming from. The first change is that I moved in with a roommate who eats gluten. So, while she is not in the apartment much, I know that there is gluten around and so I could be getting cross contaminated. The second thing is that the baby I nanny for has recently started eating gluten containing food (before it was rice and formula). I know that he likes to take his hands and put them in my face and tries to get me to eat his teething rings. I do my best to avoid his hands, and his rings. But I know that I am not always able to dodge out of the way fast enough. Since he is 8mos there is no way to explain to him that what he is doing could make me sick. I also do a lot of handling his food where before I started working for the family, I did not have this gluten exposure. I work really hard to get him cleaned up after he eats by washing his hands and face, but I know I can't do anything about him putting his hands or his teething rings in his gluten containing mouth. How do I figure out where the gluten is coming from? Thanks.

I wish I could give you answers but I don't know. I'm in a similar situation and reading your post I realize I left out of my post that I have a gluten eater in my house and lunchroom at work. I hope some of the mom's on here can give you some advice about the baby.

im in the same boat i think i am also getting CC

the hubby makes his sandwiches or toast on the counter and does not clean up and im left to clean it up and i do bite my cuticles so i could possibly be getting it from that and i have old cast iron pots and pans so im thinking it could come from them,

as far as the baby im not quite sure how you can be safe on that end, mabe ware a pair of gloves when prepareing his food, and like you said try and keep him as clean as possible