Lori2

Betty Crocker gluten-free Cookie Mix?

Rate this topic

Does anyone have problems with Betty Crocker gluten-free Cookie Mix? I'm having problems with something and since my reactions are delayed by about three days, it's sometimes difficult to pinpoint what is the cause. Today I have diarrhea. On Tuesday I introduced the cookies and also leeks--ate them both on Tuesday and Wednesday. I guess I have to remember to try one thing at a time, but I didn't think either one would be a problem.

I've never had a problem with the cookie or cake mix, and I use it a lot. It's always possible though!

I've had the cookies a couple of times without problems, but I'm still trying to ascertain my level of sensitivity.

My youngest and I had a problem with the cookie mix, but I think that it was the soy in the chocolate that gave us problems.

• Upvote 1

I've been OK with the Betty Crocker mixes, but it seems more likely that than leeks, huh? :unsure:

I'd vote for the leeks. I mean, if I had to choose which to cut out I'd say keep cookies and get rid of something like a leek. ;)

ahem... sorry, I'm no help. But a cookie sounds yummy right about now. :)

I tried the cookie and brownie mix on two seperate occasions and had a reaction both times, so now I just stay away.

I'd vote for the leeks. I mean, if I had to choose which to cut out I'd say keep cookies and get rid of something like a leek. ;)

ahem... sorry, I'm no help. But a cookie sounds yummy right about now. :)

And I hope it's the cookies and not the leeks. The cookies are just OK and I'm not desperate yet. However, I really like the leeks added to my brown rice and celery pilaf--but afraid my pilaf seasoning may be a problem too. So many things to figure out and I'm a year into this already.

They contain no gluten ingredients and are made in a gluten-free processing facility, so I'd guess it's not a glutening problem. They are rich though, what with the butter, the eggs, all the gluten-free flours, chocolate chips, sugar, xanthan gum, etc. And when all that stuff is baked it's pretty greasy.

I do love them though. I like to add extra chips, and lots of pecans, and bake them a little longer so they're crispy.

best regards, lm