Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

navigator

Post Positive Blood Test Asked To Go Back On Gluten

Further to my problems with my employer instigating disciplinary procedures for being on sick leave - I went back to work a fortnight ago and by the third day my fatigue had returned. I kept working but was back to basically just working and sleeping. I came home from work on Thursday night to a letter summoning me to a disciplinary hearing regarding my 'unacceptable level of absences'. There has been a culture of intimidation and bullying at my work since the cutbacks imposed on local authorities and a number of people have been called to disciplianary hearing and been unjustifiably dismissed. A number have also been intimidated to the extent that they have resigned without a job to go to.

I'm just feeling too tired for the fight and the stress and I submitted my resignation letter on Friday. My G.P. has given me a sick line to cover my months notice so that I don't have to go in but is furious with my employers and wants me to take legal action against them. I can't think about that just now but I have three months in which to file a complaint for constructive dismissal.

I was in a well paid job that didn't involve commuting and I expected to be there until I retired. However, I've no doubt that I've done the right thing as my health is my priority. My plan is to take time to focus on my health and then start applying for other jobs. Before my diagnosis I would never have prioritised my health this way. It really does force you to look at your life and make the choices that are best for you.

Further to my problems with my employer instigating disciplinary procedures for being on sick leave - I went back to work a fortnight ago and by the third day my fatigue had returned. I kept working but was back to basically just working and sleeping. I came home from work on Thursday night to a letter summoning me to a disciplinary hearing regarding my 'unacceptable level of absences'. There has been a culture of intimidation and bullying at my work since the cutbacks imposed on local authorities and a number of people have been called to disciplianary hearing and been unjustifiably dismissed. A number have also been intimidated to the extent that they have resigned without a job to go to.

I'm just feeling too tired for the fight and the stress and I submitted my resignation letter on Friday. My G.P. has given me a sick line to cover my months notice so that I don't have to go in but is furious with my employers and wants me to take legal action against them. I can't think about that just now but I have three months in which to file a complaint for constructive dismissal.

I was in a well paid job that didn't involve commuting and I expected to be there until I retired. However, I've no doubt that I've done the right thing as my health is my priority. My plan is to take time to focus on my health and then start applying for other jobs. Before my diagnosis I would never have prioritised my health this way. It really does force you to look at your life and make the choices that are best for you.

So sorry you are going through this at work. If you really liked the job do think about doing what your doctor is advising. You have an illness that is the reason for you frequent absences and it does take some time to heal. If you need to fight to keep that job then it might be worth the fight. At the least perhaps you will qualify for unemployment or some other form of compensation for them treating you that way. If you were a good employee until you became ill and you enjoyed your work it might be worth the fight to be able to go back in August.

Thanks, Ravenwoodglass. My absences weren't even all that frequent as I'd been struggling into work when the fatigue was so bad that I was crying when I woke in the morning. This year I was sick for 3 days in January and one month, with a doctor's sick line, from the end of May. My doc didn't want me to go back after the month but the operations manager visited me at home and informed me that if I got another sick line I was being transferred out of criminal justice which was my chosen area of social work. Last year I was off for 3 days and in 2008 I was off for two months with anaemia(ferritin was 4).

At doc again today and my blood pressure is down for the first time since January. I really can't face the fight and the effect that it'll have on my health. My husband and daughter and both really happy with the difference in me since I handed in my resignation. The bullying and intimidation continues at work - heard to today that another colleague has resigned without a job to go to as a result of intimidation.

I know that they shouldn't get away with it but over the past year I've watched people broken in the process of fighting them. I can't let myself me the next one.

My plan is to get my strength back and then try and get back in the workforce but with a change of career. Maybe it'll all turn out for the best in the long run.

Thanks, Ravenwoodglass. My absences weren't even all that frequent as I'd been struggling into work when the fatigue was so bad that I was crying when I woke in the morning. This year I was sick for 3 days in January and one month, with a doctor's sick line, from the end of May. My doc didn't want me to go back after the month but the operations manager visited me at home and informed me that if I got another sick line I was being transferred out of criminal justice which was my chosen area of social work. Last year I was off for 3 days and in 2008 I was off for two months with anaemia(ferritin was 4).

At doc again today and my blood pressure is down for the first time since January. I really can't face the fight and the effect that it'll have on my health. My husband and daughter and both really happy with the difference in me since I handed in my resignation. The bullying and intimidation continues at work - heard to today that another colleague has resigned without a job to go to as a result of intimidation.

I know that they shouldn't get away with it but over the past year I've watched people broken in the process of fighting them. I can't let myself me the next one.

My plan is to get my strength back and then try and get back in the workforce but with a change of career. Maybe it'll all turn out for the best in the long run.

I think you have a great plan. Sometimes the things that seem like the worst things that happen to us turn out to be the best. Your healing time will give you the chance to consider where you want to go when you are stronger and able to reenter the workforce. I wish you the best.