Coolclimates

Where Can I Find Gluten Free Poppy Seeds?

Rate this topic

I have found it really hard to find gluten-free poppy seeds. I search for them via Google but get few results. The ones I do get I'm really not sure if they are gluten-free. Some say they are but they could still be sharing equipment or space with glutenous foods. The same goes for sesame seeds. I believe McCormick is ok but they have such absurdly small portions which cost so much. I'm a baker so I use more than the average person. any ideas?

I will be watching this topic. I suspect people will suggest various web sites. Online shopping is something I don't do anymore, mostly because I do not have the time to deal with untangling things once a third party gets a hold of my cc number which they've done in the past, so I don't do it. Whole Foods - I've practically given up on them. It seems all their nuts are processed on equipment that also processes wheat. The only nuts I know about that are gluten-free are planters. As for poppy seeds and sesame seeds, like I said, I'll be watching! Good luck.

Plumbago

why are nuts so hard to find? Trader Joes has the same problem. All of their nuts are processed in facilities with gluten. Thank god for Planters but they don't have a large variety of nuts :(

I do not use poppy seeds but I have seen McCormick brand at BJ's Warehouse--which is like a Sam's club or Costco. They were in huge spice containers. If you use them often you might look into whether you can get them in bulk at a big warehouse store for a better price than buying the tiny bottles. There is a membership cost of course, but I get my organic chicken and many veggies at BJ's so it is worth it to me to have a membership.