collgwg

Goat's Milk?

Rate this topic

im just wondering if anyone here knows if goat's milk is allowed on a celiac diet

is there lactose in it?

a friend gave me a sample of it and its heavenly

i just hope that i can tolerate it im sure ill find out soon enough lol but so far so good:)

Some people can tolerate goat's milk, depending on how healed you are, of course.

I personally LOVE it, but I am holding off for another month or so to try it.

Goat's milk is believed to be more easily digestible than cow's milk. It has a bit less lactose, but still...if your villi are still blunted, even less lactose may be hard to digest.

Only way you'll know is if you try it.

I tried it when I discovered I couldn't do dairy anymore.

The only milks I cam tolerate is original Rice Dream and Coconut Milk without a ton of additives. But there are recipes for making your own almond milk on line if you can find a good source of almonds. I actually made my own coconut milk once. That was a major PIA.

Just FYI...Some people avoid Rice Dream. I stopped using it when I felt like I was being glutened somehow. The explanation from folks on here was that it was once processed with barley malt. They claimed they changed the recipe, but some still felt there is a low-level gluten issue.

yeah, I made my own rice milk (pain in the butt) and it spoiled in two days...yuck

I use Good Karma Brand now.

well im not quite sure if it agreed with me or not i don't think i ingested enough i was only given 2 cups in a jar

do you know what symptoms i should watch out for?

It has lactose, but a different "casein profile", if you will. (It has more of one type of casein and less of the type that cow's milk has the most of. I forget which one is dominant in alpha-casein and which in beta-casein. I understand that goat's milk is significantly closer in composition to human breast milk.)

well im not quite sure if it agreed with me or not i don't think i ingested enough i was only given 2 cups in a jar

do you know what symptoms i should watch out for?

I would guess anything that makes you feel yucky..nausea,the big D. stomach ache?

Just FYI...Some people avoid Rice Dream. I stopped using it when I felt like I was being glutened somehow. The explanation from folks on here was that it was once processed with barley malt. They claimed they changed the recipe, but some still felt there is a low-level gluten issue.

yeah, I made my own rice milk (pain in the butt) and it spoiled in two days...yuck

I use Good Karma Brand now.

Wow. Thanks for that advice Ravenwood. There's still something making me feel ill, now I wonder if it is my "safe" milk. I haven't seen the Good Karma brand here, but maybe my grocer will special order it.

I think the coconut milk I made from scratch lasted three days. It took me all day to make it. (Started with roasting a whole coconut.)

If you have had two cups over a day and haven't had a food reaction in 8-24 hours, I'd confident that you are good with goats mild.

Lucky you! Now you can make your own yoghurt!

Was it homogonized goats milk or straight from the goat?

lol it was straight from the goat husband got it from a friend at work hubby put it in the fridge and the next day i tryed it i really liked it nice and creamy it was so nice to drink a cup of coffee with milk again

i would not mind buying it from the store

what is the diffrence between the store and the pure kind

Wow. Thanks for that advice Ravenwood. There's still something making me feel ill, now I wonder if it is my "safe" milk. I haven't seen the Good Karma brand here, but maybe my grocer will special order it.

I think the coconut milk I made from scratch lasted three days. It took me all day to make it. (Started with roasting a whole coconut.)

Nope. It's me, IrishHeart...but our kitty cats do look the same!! LOL LOL

I order a case of Good Karma from amazon (they may edit that site name out, if so, PM me) and it's free shipping and lasts 2 months!

yikes ...what a PITA!! :lol::blink:

the Turtle Mountain coconut milk is okay...

lol it was straight from the goat husband got it from a friend at work hubby put it in the fridge and the next day i tryed it i really liked it nice and creamy it was so nice to drink a cup of coffee with milk again

i would not mind buying it from the store

what is the diffrence between the store and the pure kind

I get mine from the health food store and usually, it comes from a local goat farm. It's pretty delicious, I think. I love goat milk cheese too!