Monklady123

Against The Grain French Baguettes...one Big Problem With Them!

Rate this topic

The problem is that I ate an entire baguette today. With butter. And it's only 1:45 in the afternoon. :rolleyes:

I might come to be sorry that my Whole Foods has started carrying these. Maybe I'll be sorry. Or not. ;)

The problem is that I ate an entire baguette today. With butter. And it's only 1:45 in the afternoon. :rolleyes:

I might come to be sorry that my Whole Foods has started carrying these. Maybe I'll be sorry. Or not. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they should qualify for possible substance abuse status. Did I mention they come in rolls which make great sandwiches and hamburger buns? Especially when you brush them with olive oil and grill them first? :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they should qualify for possible substance abuse status. Did I mention they come in rolls which make great sandwiches and hamburger buns? Especially when you brush them with olive oil and grill them first? :ph34r:

I saw the rolls but didn't get them because I've been burned by rolls before. (not this brand) Now I'll have to get them!

You are an enabler! ;)

I LOVE against the grain, I don't get any other bread but theirs! I just hate how many calories are in them!!

I see Garlic Bread in my very near future. :)

I have tried the bread and like it but for some reason have never grabbed on of the Baguettes. Perhaps because I know deep down I also will likely eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Are these sold fresh or frozen? I haven't been able to find them at my Whole Foods (but the website shows both stores as places to find them). I didn't ask anyone the last time I was there, but I will next time. Just curious where I should be concentrating my search. Thanks!!

frozen!

oh man, I wish that they were fresh, I'd eat them all immediately.

My gluten-eating husband even loves these. They now have pizzas that are awesome, but don't look at the calories! My Whole Foods has them in with the regular pizzas, not in the Gluten-free section.

Oh man! We don't have Whole Foods where we live (rural Arkansas), but the last time I went back to where we came from (outside Philadelphia), I went to Whole Foods and bought those bagettes and toddled over to the cheese counter and snagged a little container of fois gras (goose liver), took it to my friend's house, toasted the bread, and ate the whole thing w/ the pate. Holy crap... I was in heaven!!!