azgirl5

Cipro By Cobalt (In Us) Is Gluten Free

Rate this topic

Just in case it's helpful for anyone else:

Prescribing dr and two different pharmacies were unable to tell me if Cipro (by Cobalt in US) contained gluten. I resorted to www.glutenfreedrugs.com. Cipro was listed there, but no manufacturer so emailed and received a fairly quick reply that Cobalt's formula is corn / maize based so ok to take. I'm 3 pills into it and no side affects so success (if I have gluten, I know it and it's ugly)!

A BIG thank you to glutenfreedrugs for the MUCH needed fast response (bronchitis and sinus infection did not make for a happy memorial weekend!) and hopefully maybe helpful to some here on the forum.

And PS - is it completely ridiculous that prescription drugs don't have to disclose major allergens??? Food has to disclose. Why would that not be required legally? Not like you can call these people and ask on weekends or holidays. Something seriously wrong with that picture.

There's a lot of corruption and under-funding involved with most FDA issues.

And PS - is it completely ridiculous that prescription drugs don't have to disclose major allergens??? Food has to disclose. Why would that not be required legally? Not like you can call these people and ask on weekends or holidays. Something seriously wrong with that picture.

Yes it is ridiculous. And dangerous for us. One thing I do when I call drug companies is tell them I am allergic to wheat. The reason I do this is because wheat starch can be considered gluten free so if I ask if it is gluten free they can say yes and still have the item have wheat starch.