srall

I Can't Stop Smiling

Rate this topic

After a year plus of being gluten free, a few months of being grain free, eating 2 eggs every morning and meat 2 to 3 times per day, my cholesterol has dropped 30 points from last year. My triglycerides were so low the machine couldn't read it. I have read for the past year that it's the grains and carbs that raise your cholesterol level, but to see the results are amazing.

Thanks for letting me brag. So aside from feeling so much healthier, I guess I really am.

• Upvote 2

Awesome!!! Congratulations! That is fantastic srall!

After a year plus of being gluten free, a few months of being grain free, eating 2 eggs every morning and meat 2 to 3 times per day, my cholesterol has dropped 30 points from last year. My triglycerides were so low the machine couldn't read it. I have read for the past year that it's the grains and carbs that raise your cholesterol level, but to see the results are amazing.

Thanks for letting me brag. So aside from feeling so much healthier, I guess I really am.

Thats great--congrats!!

I found the same thing, having given up grains and sugar, inside of 2 years my cholesterol dropped from a high of 305 to 187 (2 weeks ago). My triglycerides, while readable, dropped to 64--desirable is under 145.

I don't eat eggs (intolerant) but do eat meats and dairy.

My father dumps all kinds of sugary foods into his system in an attempt to 'avoid' fatty, cholesterol-filled foods. His cholesterol levels suck. My mum is an Atkins enthusiast and avoids sugary carby foods, opting for steak smothered in cheese with a side of broccoli. Her cholesterol is amazing. For some reason he doesn't get it, or doesn't *want* to get it.

Thanks for posting this!

I have a few friends I keep telling about carbs and cholesterol or gluten and cholesterol, but they just keep eating grains and taking Lipitor! I needed this evidence-Thank you!

Congrats Srall!!!! You definitely deserve bragging rights for that. Way to go! It makes me so sad to see so many people avoiding healthy fats and healthy animal proteins because of their cholesterol levels, but unfortunately, like Chiana's dad, some people blindly listen to their doctor and don't read the research for themselves, to make an informed decision. Good luck, Eatmore4good!