Rate this topic

I am finding that I'm having to switch my allergy medicine. I was on Lorratidine. I just bought Fexo-Fenadine (basically generic Allegra). The pharmacist seems to think it should be safe, but I called the 1-800 number and after being on hold for 45 minutes and hung up on 4 times was told that they weren't sure if it has gluten or not. I have allergies that trigger my asthma, so I have to take an allergy pill of some sort. (It's also already been determined that allergy shots don't work with me, either.) Is there a safe one to take?

Same thing happened to me, I was frustraited and sneezing. The doctor gave me Clarinex. It is not otc but I have and no proplems since I started. I also take Omnaris (a nasil spray) now I am set. Both will need prespriptions. But after waht I went thru finding something, its worth it.

I am finding that I'm having to switch my allergy medicine. I was on Lorratidine.

Can you afford the brand name? Loratadine = Claritin, and I've had problems with the generic, so I switched to the brand name and no more problems. I get them in big bottles at Costco--it's still more expensive than the generic but cheaper than buying lots of things that all make me sick!

We're all different, and I can have something totally different going on with me than you have going on with you.

I break out in hives all over my chest, back and arms if I take Clarinex.

I'm ok with Zyrtec, but I cut them in half, and take half a dose every morning unless I don't have symptoms and skip it. I carry the Xyrtec with me in case I need to take it later.

Hope this helps!

Kroger has been marking their generics as gluten free--is one of their stores near you? Their 'allegra' should be good, and Walgreens is good about their generics too.

-Daisy