kaki_clam

It's Wednesday And I Still Can't Shake A Mean Case Of The Mondays!

Rate this topic

So..Monday...against my better judgement, but seriously, sometimes you just gotta follow your heart...I got an ice cream at the local scoop shoppe! I got it in a dish, and i asked them to get a clean scoop....I know that won't stop the cross contamination but it will help some.....anyway, i got a scoop, and the best ice cream i have had in a long time and now....i know i have been glutened and I can't shake the blahs! I seem to get minor symptoms if there is minute cross contamination, and this is the first time in my Celiac life that i have EVER done anything like this (ie..put myself at risk)...I get a very itchy rash that goes away after a few days..but the big problem is i crave sugar like it's the only food on earth. Yesterday I ate an entire medium size bag of Peanut M&M's (the bag that cost 4 bucks!) and an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Today, a king size bag of M&M's, a snickers, a box of Jr. Mints..and i told my boyfriend to not buy me any ice cream even if i kick, scream, cry and pout. I try to not buy it, but then I seriously find myself being completely unable to function. I try to buy smaller sizes of candy...but then i just wind up going back to the snack machine over and over. someone told me once that Celiac's tend to crave sugar more.....anyone know what is going on? What i can do? i definitely won't be getting anymore ice cream from the scoop shoppe, but this is just one example of when it happens....

thanks!!!

The thing about sugar is that it makes you want more sugar . . . what works best for me is that when I give into the craving, to also eat something else . . . something in the protein family. If I'm eating cookies then I drink a bunch of milk . . . they go nicely together and I will stop with the cookies much quicker. Eat a handful of almonds or a spoon of peanut butter.

Btw . . . my experience has nothing to do with a glutening . . . and everything to do with just craving something sweet. :ph34r: Don't know if it will work for you but it's worth a shot.