Rate this topic

I have been extremely allergic to nuts and salmon and am allergic to many pollens and mold. Even touching a small part of either to a mucous membrane can bring on anaphylactic symptoms so I am very, very careful as to what I eat. Airborn allergens bring on watery eyes, runny noise, stuffy head and sneezing. Spring and fall are hard to handle without meds.

Went gluten free 4 weeks ago and feel much better in general, but allergic symptoms (headaches, stuffiness, sneezing) have worsened. Has anyone who has gone gluten free noticed an improvement in allergic responses to anything?

I have been extremely allergic to nuts and salmon and am allergic to many pollens and mold. Even touching a small part of either to a mucous membrane can bring on anaphylactic symptoms so I am very, very careful as to what I eat. Airborn allergens bring on watery eyes, runny noise, stuffy head and sneezing. Spring and fall are hard to handle without meds.

Went gluten free 4 weeks ago and feel much better in general, but allergic symptoms (headaches, stuffiness, sneezing) have worsened. Has anyone who has gone gluten free noticed an improvement in allergic responses to anything?

I have been gluten free for one year now (today) and also casein free for almost one year, but I can say that I'm living proof of great improvement.

I'm also allergic to nuts. I had anaphylactic shock 6 years ago. Doctors saved me in hospital. I know what you mean. I also have very bad reactions (I can't breath, bloody sorces on my tongue, burning in mouth) to kiwi, honey, orange flavor (Fanta, yogurt).

3 years ago I had allergic reaction to bananas - hives and my tongue burned. I wasn't able to eat them.

Now, after going gluten free, I can eat them again which is grate for me. They are the only thing that I can buy anywhere I go. I don't have to go to special stores and buy some expensive processed snack. I can just go to the regular grocery stores or farmer's market and buy simple bananas when I can't go home at the time that I have planed and I don't have nothing to eat.

I also had mouth allergy, or something when I ate pineapple and cantaloupe. I even had bloody sores all over my tongue and mouth burning. Month ago I ate pineapple cake. I had maybe one Tbsp. of canned pineapple and I was fine, no reaction at all.

I need to take my allergy meds everyday. I was 16 when my allergist found out that I had allergy to dust mice. They are everywhere and during every season. For 5-6 years I have been having problems with my pills. They were not working. I was taking them, changing them, but I still needed to blow my nose all the time. When going gluten free, the pills started to work again. My theory is that my gut had healed and now it can absorb the medicine the proper way which made me very happy. I don't have to walk with tissues everywhere I go. I don't know what helped - gluten free or casein free, but something did.

I think that you will also see the improvement too after some time on gluten free diet. I hope.

It isn't very funny to tell people over and over that you can't eat there food ( even if they prepered something gluten free), or count them all your allergies.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I'm very happy for you having such great results. I've been gluten free for a very short time compared to many in this forum, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens over time. I'm certainly not going to eat a nut or salmon, but I may let a small piece touch the inside of my lip and see what kind of reaction I get. I hope I can eat salmon again. I ate it until I was 15 and developed an allergy (anaphylactic response) overnight. Ate it one day and was OK and almost died from eating it the very next day.

I also have allergies to seafood, fish and nuts along with seasonal allergies (that seem to last all year!!) and while I haven't noticed an improvement in the seasonal allergies yet (it's Spring so how can I expect that?) I'm afraid to try the others for fear of the 'reaction' that ended me in a rescue squad. I think I'm going to have to get braver before I try any nuts of fish.. :)

I also have allergies to seafood, fish and nuts along with seasonal allergies (that seem to last all year!!) and while I haven't noticed an improvement in the seasonal allergies yet (it's Spring so how can I expect that?) I'm afraid to try the others for fear of the 'reaction' that ended me in a rescue squad. I think I'm going to have to get braver before I try any nuts of fish.. :)

If you got your allergy to nuts in your adulthood, you will never loose it. You will always have it. Don't try to eat nuts!!!

If you got it as baby, then it's possible to drop it later in life.