fakename

Crest Is Gluten-Free But They Don't Always Test

Rate this topic

Should I be concerned about Crest? Their website says that all their products are gluten-free but they also say that they don't always test them for gluten. How does one reconcile these opposing ideas?

They are not opposing ideas. Just because you don't test everything for gluten does not mean that those things are not gluten-free. When you buy produce at the market, do you test it for gluten? No, but fresh produce is still gluten-free.

Most mainstream manufacturers do not routinely test. Testing costs money, which has to be recouped in the price of the product. 99% of the population don't care and don't want to pay more. Simple economics.

I personally prefer Colgate, but would have no qualms about using Crest.

I use Crest regular paste or cool mint gel. No problems with either one! I've used them for years. They are gluten free products.

From Crest website under FAQ

Do any Crest products contain gluten?

No current Crest products contain gluten.

I emailed Crest re their products and they said that their toothpastes are gluten-free. However, they did also say that their Crest Pro Rinse and Crest Whitening "...could contain trace amounts of gluten. We recommend that you contact your doctor if you have questions before using these rinse products...".