Leper Messiah

Food Ideas

Rate this topic

Hi,

Trying to gluten free, dairy free and avoid high lectin foods as all these seem to be causing issues.

Any ideas on staple foods I can eat all I want of?

Tried fruit but that seriously messed with my stomach (i.e. just fruit, it's fine if I eat with other things).

*sigh* if only there was a safe nutrition pill or something that I can just eat and not worry about diet, I would do it. Wouldn't care about losing variety and enjoyment of food, it's just the constant worry and hassle that's annoying, not to mention the symptoms!

sweet potatos (not sure about these but it may work for you)

carrots

meat of any kind

pees ?

greenbeans ?

etc

Look at what is all natural, perhaps that would give you a good start.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Trying to gluten free, dairy free and avoid high lectin foods as all these seem to be causing issues.

Any ideas on staple foods I can eat all I want of?

Tried fruit but that seriously messed with my stomach (i.e. just fruit, it's fine if I eat with other things).

*sigh* if only there was a safe nutrition pill or something that I can just eat and not worry about diet, I would do it. Wouldn't care about losing variety and enjoyment of food, it's just the constant worry and hassle that's annoying, not to mention the symptoms!

I sympathize. And I've also wished for a "food pill".

Can you eat meat? I'm presuming that since you went on a fruit diet you don't particularly care for it.

I don't like meat, but my body needs it, so I usually marinate in citrus juice of some type (orange, lime, lemon,, seasonings (S&P, cumin, mustard, chili, etc.) and grill it. It's best if you do the marinade early, like when you leave for work in the morning. Lamb is good if you marinate it with lots of rosemary, lemon, mustard and olive oil.

Fresh fish (or even canned tuna) can be good over fresh greens and a good viniagrette. (Which can just be fresh squeezed lemon or lime mixed with olive oil if you don't like or can't tolerate vinegar.

I made Julia Child's potato leek soup last weekend. (You can swap the leeks for chopped onion.) The soup was great.

Check out the thread on the recipes forum for "What are you cooking tonight?" There's a world of possibilites despite your dietary limitations.

• Upvote 1

I believe both peas and green beans would still be high in lecithins. If you have issues with fruit, you may need a low fructose diet.

Fruit lower in fructose:

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the replies, I will look into all your suggestions and give you some feedback ;) Quite excited about it really...strangely

• Upvote 1